A Special Master assists the Court and counsel in complex/class action cases, including facilitating the completion of discovery and labor-intensive file administration.
A Special Master assists the Court and counsel in complex/class action cases, including facilitating the completion of discovery and labor-intensive file administration. Our Special Masters are neutral leaders with excellent reputations who implement case management schedules and handle discovery based on judges’ orders. By using the experience and resources of a third-party Special Master, the Court significantly reduces its burden, potentially resulting in cost savings and faster resolutions.
Using proven methods of resolving disputes, we work tirelessly to help our clients resolve their disputes. Regardless of the amounts at stake, we take an aggressive approach to helping people reach solutions to problems that often seem impossible. Sometimes we simply bring the parties together and assist in their communication. Other times we create the solution.
Perry Dampf’s Special Masters can provide services throughout the litigation process including, but not limited to, the following:
- Acting as a liaison between the Court and the parties;
- Maintaining records throughout the process;
- Managing the discovery process, including scheduling, resolving disputes, and communicating with the Court and parties;
- Overseeing testing protocols and computer modeling;
- Creating and managing a method for allocation;
- Generating claim forms;
- Determining the amount of claimant awards;
- Supervising the funding process;
- Monitoring settlement compliance, ensuring that the settlement agreement is implemented properly.